Along with this document, please be sure to read Papahana Kuaola’s “Safety Guidelines and
Infection Prevention Measures”. These documents will share detailed information that will help
to promote a safe and healthy Waipao experience and environment for you, our staff, and
other community members that will enjoy this special space and place.
If you have any questions or concerns on these documents or anything else, please do not
hesitate to ask the staff person with whom you scheduled your event.
WHAT IS EXPECTED
While using Papahana Kuaola’s facilities and grounds at Waipao, please observe the basic
safety guidelines and infection prevention measures recommended by the Center for Disease
Control and State of Hawaiʻi Department of Health for Covid-19 and other infections. Please
feel free to implement any additional individual/group precautions while onsite.
Please complete the tasks on the Closing Checklist (below) before leaving the property.
• A suggestion is to use or touch as few things as possible. This would result in less things
needing to be cleaned and disinfected, and/or returned to their location.
WHAT TO EXPECT / WHAT TO BRING
We apologize for any inconvience, but until further notice there will be NO USE of the
• Kitchen area including countertops
• Refrigerator, freezer, and microwaves
• Water dispenser/cooler
• Utensils, pots, pans, plates, cups, etc.
• Other supplies or equipment on property without staff knowledge
You are more than welcome to bring your own coolers and other things you may need.
Water faucets and outside sink area are available for your use
To support healthy hygiene behaviors, we will provide adequate supplies, including soap, hand
sanitizer, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, cloth face coverings for visitor use. We do ask that
individuals/groups be prepared as well, and bring their own cleaning and disinfecting supplies
• Spray bottles with hand sanitizer while be placed near the front and back doors of
- No food or items left on tables and counters.
- Clean and disinfect all high touch surfaces, such tables, chairs,
doorknobs, light switches, countertops, etc.
Return tables and chairs to original postion.
Sweep floor – brooms and dust pans located in closet under
- Close and lock windows, set wood barriers in place
- Lower window blinds.
- Lock all four warehouse doors.
- Turn off all lights, including floodlights
- Set alarm (if asked to do so by staff)
- Remove all items from counter.
- Clear mesh drain strainer.
- Clean and disinfect all sink surfaces and faucets
- Discard any food or other residue.
- Bag and remove all trash from site.
- Final walk through of site to make sure it is clean & items used
are back in place.
Gates and Locks
- Lock all gates left open (brown gate, white gate, & chain lock).
- Return locks to “ 0 0 0 0 “ after locking.